Monday, February 6, 2017

PSSSSST ... Entrees Come AFTER The Diner Has Finished Their Appetizer

Thai Ginger
2020 N. Rosa Parks Way
Portland, OR 97217
North Portland, Arbor Lodge
Phone number: (503) 283-9731
Prices: $$$$

I arrived an hour before closing, but the man and woman running the place had already started closing. Beer and wine prices were a bit high and the selection of bottled beer was mostly from Asia, not my cup of beer, I mean tea, so I had water.
$4.95 for teeny tiny fried Thai Egg Rolls (aka frozen lumpia) and $10.50 for Beef Massaman Curry, $15.45 with NO TAX ... WHOO-HOO, not bad for a "decent" meal. The egg rolls were OK, but my entree arrived before I had finished my second egg roll, a pet peeve of mine, so they get dinged right off the bat, The curry was tasty enough, comparable to many similar curries I have had, but was a tad light on the beef (2-3 ounces at best) for the price.
I love Thai and this was mediocre at best, not a great value and less than stellar service, Thai Ginger was a bust.
CombatCritic Gives Thai Ginger 4 Bombs Out Of 10 ... More Bombs Are Better!


Four Bombs Equates To:
Read Reviews By CombatCritic:

Yelp - Elite '14/'15/'16/'17

Tabelog - Official Judge (Silver)

Zomato - #1 Ranked "Verified" Foodie

View my food journey on Zomato!



... And Don't Forget To Subscribe To TravelValue TV on YouTube

Read Chris S.'s review of Thai Ginger on Yelp


Tabelog Reviewer CombatCritic
View my food journey on Zomato!


Title: Portland, OR: PSSSSST ... Entrees Come AFTER The Diner Has Finished Their Appetizer

Key Words: Thai Ginger, Thai, Thailand, ginger, curry, egg roll, appetizer, Portland, Oregon, OR, CombatCritic, TravelValue, travel, value, restaurant, menu, review, Yelp, Zomato, Tabelog

Translation for Civilians: BOHICA = "Bend Over, Here It Comes Again"

No comments:

Post a Comment